What Am I reading?

A blog for the books I've read, am reading, and am going to read.

Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Tuesday, February 13

02/13/2007 — Five books

I started reading An Unexpected Pleasure by Candace Camp Sunday, but really only got in about ten or so pages, but I just finished it midday. I don't know if it was good, or not...

I have to say, the romance pulled me in, though I really wanted more and it didn't satisfy me. The ending wrapped it up but...could have been better. What am I wanting? A life story afterwards? I was annoyed by the overabundance of cliched scenes/lines and plot holes. I'd have to say the book leans on plot holes! The hole story is started because of a girls paranormal dream about her "dead" brother. So they go hunting for the brother. They push the paranormal to an insane point, and I guess most romance novel readers are too stupid and so the suspension of belief can be pushed to its very limits. Because I doubt about 75% of the reason for things happening in that book. I will say though, she must have either made up a lot of bull about the Incas, or she did a lot of research. Bravo, on which ever that was!

And I cracked up, side splitting, when this happened. The main character is Irish, and she is talking about this stone-rock-diamond-thing she found when she was sixteen. I'd find the exact quote, but I am some what lazy. "I found it in my room, and ever since, it has been my lucky charm" *proceeds to die laughing* I could only think of Lucky Charms, and Irish, and....I'm sure you get it.

Not sure what is up next. I need to read Shakespeare, but I think I'm avoiding it. (Why?) I'm worried I won't be able to understand it, and then feel like an idiot. I'm not very skilled in that field of literature, though I thought the same thing of The Metamorphoses and I only got confused in reading that if I spaced out for too long and missed something important. So maybe I doubt my own skills?

And of course, I started The Secret Life of Oscar Wilde. I should read it just to finish it, since I DID start it about three weeks ago.... -sigh- I'm a book fiend. My father is right, I must dream about books eating me alive, all I can think about is the long list of books I want to read.

I'll find something to read. It's not like I've been writing...


Le Lecteur

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home