What Am I reading?

A blog for the books I've read, am reading, and am going to read.

Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Saturday, February 24

02/24/2007 — Seven books

Rape: A Love Story by Joyce Carol Oates paled in comparison to Beasts. I feel sick that I wasted my time on it, it was no good. I'm hoping the next, actually novel I will be reading by Oates will be good. If it's not I may give up on Oates all together, her only good book would be Beasts.

Since I'm swimming in contemporary, I have to have something old. So I'm reading Against Nature by J.K. Husmans. It should be interesting, to say the least. Also on the way of Classics, or just old books, I found in the local library a version of Faust that was huge in comparison to the 100 or so pages I read of Faust that looked to be the whole entire story. I guess I was cheated, which I hate when that happens. So I'm going to read the actual full length Faust, probably after Against Nature and after the other Oates book.

It looks as if I will never receive the collection of plays by Oscar Wilde. It seems it may have gotten lost in the mail.

Seven books in two months (nearly). Thats about three and a half books a month. I can do better. In March, we should really 'hit the books'. Let get a whole lot of 'em out of the way, shall we?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home