What Am I reading?

A blog for the books I've read, am reading, and am going to read.

Name:
Location: Missouri, United States

Sunday, March 4

03/04/07 — Eight Books

So, finished Against Nature yesterday. I started it last Saturday, so I finished it in a week. I was hoping I would finish it before the end of February, so It would make that I had read eight books in two months, but February is too short and the book was too...eighteenth century. Not to say I didn't enjoy it, but if you were to ask me what it was about I would have absolutely no idea. But at the least, I read it, and enjoyed it. I'm just not sure of what the actual plot was. Well. Somewhat.

Currently reading The Importance of Being Earnest and Four Other Plays by Oscar Wilde [actually, rereading Earnest, but it is worth it]. I'm counting it all as one book, rather than five (too bad). I've been wondering if, when I read Shakespeare, I should count that as four books or one, also. The other four plays are Lady Windermere's Fan, A Woman of No Importance, An Ideal Husband and Salomé. I'm excited to read them all. Salomé is translated by Lord Alfred Douglas; hopefully Bosie did a good translation. I'm thinking of doing some research on him. The online information I get of him is from the side of Wilde. Which reminds me, I have yet to finish The Secret Life of Oscar Wilde. Too bad, I should get through it soon, shouldn't I?

I have The Decline and Fall and Vile Bodies both by Evelyn Waugh on their way from Europe. So they will be here in two weeks to a month, if not longer. Those will be good reads, I've been hoping to get my hands on those for a while. Other than that, I'm not completely sure what will happen next. For all I know, I may never read Shakespeare!

Bonne Chance,
Moi

1 Comments:

Blogger Alinde said...

Check out this Fantasy Novel that will come out mid July...
KobiKobis Island
Author: Aimee Linde
Published By PublishAmerica.com

http://www.publishedauthors.net/kobikobis_island/index.html

The website has synopsis and a small portion of the first chapter

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home